The mission of AppleTree & Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool has always been to create a safe environment that earns the trust of the children and families we serve. We are as dedicated to that mission now as we have ever been. AppleTree & Gilden Woods will continue to lead the industry in best practices during this time, a responsibility we do not take lightly. Accordingly, we created a Covid-19 Operating Manual that details the necessary policy and procedures and aggressive actions we have taken to mitigate the potential spread of Covid-19. This new operating model supplements our existing and overarching operations manual. As we move forward in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to communicate those aggressive actions we have taken to assure you of our steadfast commitment to the health and safety of our AppleTree & Gilden Woods families.
Created a new Child Drop Off and Pick Up Procedure including the following:
- Parents/guardians may enter the front office and proceed to the designated screening station.
- No more than 5 families may be in the school at any given time.
- At the screening station, an administrative team member will take the parent/guardian’s and child’s temperature and will complete the health screening questions.
- The health screening questions will be posted at the screening station.
- Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above, answers yes to the health screening questions, or displays the symptoms listed will not be permitted into the school.
- Parents/guardians may then walk their child to their classroom to drop off.
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted in the classrooms.
- Parents/guardians may not take more than 10 minutes to drop off their child.
- If another family is dropping off their child off at the classroom door, parents/guardians must maintain a 6 ft distance while waiting to drop off their child.
- Team members will assist the child in washing their hands immediately upon entering the classroom.
Created a Temperature Screening Policy & Procedure including the following:
- When children arrive at the school a team member will use a non-contact thermometer to check the child’s temperature.
- When children are sitting at the table for lunch team members will check the children’s temperature.
- If a child has a temperature of 100.4 or above, call an admin team member. Admin team members will call the parent/guardian of the child to have them picked up within the hour.
- When team members arrive at the school (i.e. before the start of their shift and after returning from break), they will use a non-contact thermometer to check their temperature.
- If they have a temperature of 100.4 or above, call an admin team member so they are aware and can send a new team member to the classroom to maintain ratio so the other team member can go home.
Created a Team Member Health Screening Policy & Procedure including the following:
- Team members will complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire prior to the start of each work shift.
- Team members who are experiencing any of the symptoms or answer yes to any of the questions will remain out of work until it has been determined they do not have COVID-19.
Created a Confirmed COVID-19 Test Policy & Procedure including the following:
- Immediately contact the local Health Department if a child, parent/guardian, staff member, or admin team member who has been in the school tests positive for COVID-19.
- Follow the locally established protocol determined by the Health Department and the interim guidance for childcare programs provided by the CDC.
Created a Non-Essential Employees in Classrooms Policy which prohibits non-essential team members from entering a classroom unnecessarily.
Created a plan for isolating children who develop symptoms while they are at AppleTree/Gilden Woods.