Cold, rainy fall weather will be here before we know it. Make the most of the end of summer by penciling some of the activities below onto your calendar.
- Talk to your neighbors and organize an ice cream social – especially if you missed National Night Out on Tuesday, August 4
- Visit Binder Park Zoo for Tour de Zoo on Thursday, August 20 (7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek, MI 49014, 269-979-1351, Note: This event requires registration. Register ahead of time at binderparkzoo.org. for $25 or pay $5 more to register on the day of the event.)
- Visit a nature center
- Go for a walk, hike, or bike as a family
- Find a new restaurant or ice cream place and give it a try – maybe it’ll become a new family favorite!
- Grab some sunscreen and have some fun on the water at a beach or lake
- On a rainy day or night, have a family game night – optionally head to a toy store to find a new game to try
- Make your cowboy’s/cowgirl’s day by finding a place to horseback ride
- Enjoy a quintessential Pure Michigan landmark for a weekend – ideas could include Sleeping Bear Dunes or Mackinaw Island – extra fun for choosing a new place you’ve never been!
For more ideas, check out the following:
- KZooKids.com’s Ultimate Summer Fun Guide for Kalamazoo Area Families
- GRKids.com’s 31 Days of August Fun for Kids in Grand Rapids
- Greater Lansing’s Calendar of Events and Things to do in Greater Lansing This Summer