https://gildenwoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/hudsonville-summer-explorers-2012-critter-barn.jpg 720 960 AppleTree & Gilden Woods https://gildenwoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/atgw-logo.svg AppleTree & Gilden Woods2015-07-29 09:00:002020-09-12 11:13:36Last Minute Summer Fun
Cold, rainy fall weather will be here before we know it. Make the most of the end of summer by penciling some of the activities below onto your calendar.
- Talk to your neighbors and organize an ice cream social – especially if you missed National Night Out on Tuesday, August 4
- Visit Binder Park Zoo for Tour de Zoo on Thursday, August 20 (7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek, MI 49014, 269-979-1351, Note: This event requires registration. Register ahead of time at binderparkzoo.org. for $25 or pay $5 more to register on the day of the event.)
- Visit a nature center
- Go for a walk, hike, or bike as a family
- Find a new restaurant or ice cream place and give it a try – maybe it’ll become a new family favorite!
- Grab some sunscreen and have some fun on the water at a beach or lake
- On a rainy day or night, have a family game night – optionally head to a toy store to find a new game to try
- Make your cowboy’s/cowgirl’s day by finding a place to horseback ride
- Enjoy a quintessential Pure Michigan landmark for a weekend – ideas could include Sleeping Bear Dunes or Mackinaw Island – extra fun for choosing a new place you’ve never been!
For more ideas, check out the following:
- KZooKids.com’s Ultimate Summer Fun Guide for Kalamazoo Area Families
- GRKids.com’s 31 Days of August Fun for Kids in Grand Rapids
- Greater Lansing’s Calendar of Events and Things to do in Greater Lansing This Summer