At AppleTree and Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool, we feel it is important to be involved with the community around our schools. This is why we highly value our partnerships with local organizations and events and enjoy giving back to the community through donations and sponsorships.
School Wide Sponsors
School Wide Sponsors
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital – Each April our schools promote and organize a Trike-A-Thon event to raise awareness and funds for the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. The mission of St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
- Diaper Drives – Each July, our schools collect diapers for an assortment of organizations throughout the community around their location. Since 2015, we have been a partner with the Kent County Great Start Parent Coalition. Diapers and wipes donated are provided to a food pantry for distribution to families in need.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association – Each August our schools organize a Hop-A-Thon to raise awareness for muscular dystrophy through resources from the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). This usually involves a representative from the organization visiting the school, sometimes accompanying a child diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy, allowing the child to speak directly with their peers about how the disease impacts them in ways that young children can relate to and understand. MDA is the nonprofit health agency dedicated to curing muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related diseases by funding worldwide research. The Association also provides comprehensive health care and support services, advocacy, and education.
- Food Drives – Each November, our schools collect non-perishable items for local food pantries. Our Grand Rapids Administrative teams enjoy opportunities to volunteer to pack lunches for local children at Kids Food Basket.
- Holiday Giving Initiative – Each year, our locations work closely with Toys for Tots, The Salvation Army, or another organization to help make a few children’s holiday seasons a little brighter. Our schools are all drop-off sites for the donation-based program.